How to Work the Film & TV Markets takes independent filmmakers, television and digital content creators on a virtual tour of the entertainment industry’s trade shows – essentially the circulatory system of the entire global media landscape.
This book highlights the most significant annual events around the world, details a dossier of all the players they will meet there and examines all the elements that drive the market value and profitability of entertainment properties. State-of-the-art, in-the-trenches insights are contextualized into immediately implementable practical advice. Demystifying these markets, Heather makes them less intimidating, less confusing and less overwhelming and clearly lays out a plan to strategize and navigate these events, making them far more accessible, productive – and fun!
Make the most of your investments of finite funds, time and creative energy. Optimize your odds for success not only within the mainstream, business-to-business circuit but learn how to select, apply and scale its most prudent, proven principals and most promising disruptive strategies through your own Do-It-Yourself / Direct-to-the-Consuming-Crowd fundraising, distribution and promotional efforts.
This creative guide offers:
* An in-depth survey of the most significant film, TV and digital content trade shows around the world
* An overview of the co-production markets that offer financing and development support to independent producers
* Highlights of the globe’s market-like festivals
* An outline of most significant annual award shows
* A breakdown of who’s who at all these events – and how to effectively network with them at andaround these events
* Hot Tips on how to prepare for, execute and follow up on these intense, consolidated opportunities
* Real World Examples of excellent key art and links to sample pitch packages and investor presentations
Upon publication in the Spring of 2017, the Annual Calendar of Events will be hyperlinked with all the market dates, locations and info relevant to independents and stay updated with helpful samples, instructive case studies and current interviews.